February 22, 2010

Together

"I promise to be with you always, even God will forbid us to..."
I cursed under my breath. Damn. How long do you intend to keep me waiting? Minutes had passed till it became hours of waiting in this shed. I stand here alone looking like a fool. In my hand is a bag that contains few clothes and some personal things.

We made a promised right? That tonight we would escaped reality. But, where are you? I can't help it. I can't control the tears from falling down my fair cheeks. In my blurry vision, I looked at my wristwatch, it's almost 12 midnight. You're 2 hours late. I want to run and escape from this pain yet my feet doesn't want to move. My heart bleeds silently...praying that at last you would show your handsome face in the darkness of this night.

I peek at my phone, hoping for a text message from you. I can't even remember how many times I dialed your number to no avail.

I sob. Where are you now, my love?

Suddenly, the cold wind blew...the breeze seems to hug my skin. It seems to whisper words of love. And then---

I saw a person walking towards me. Oh! Finally you've come. But... As the lamp post shed light to the person's face, my hope vanished. It's not you.

"Are you Romie's girlfriend?" the stranger asked

"Yes, may I know who you are?" I nervously asked

"I'm sorry to say but he met an accident while on his way here." I dropped the bag I am holding. How could this happen?

"Where is he?"

"He's dead."

I dropped to my knees sobbing. How could he escaped without me?

I clutch the bag to my chest. Absently, I commanded the stranger to leave. "okey" he said shortly.

He doesn't even care, does he?

I hold on to the bag more tightly.

We promised to use this thing together. To escape from those furious eyes...from those who always keep us apart.

From the bag, I take the thing that would always keep us together. In just one click I could be with you. The wind blew once more...hugging my shivering body. Beckoning me to do the forbidden.

I pulled the trigger carelessly...I felt my body became numb until darkness blinded my eyes...

"Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end, O churl! drunk all, and left no friendly drop to help me after? I will kiss thy lips. Haply some poison yet doth hang on them to make me die with a restorative." -Juliet Capulet, Romeo and Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment